In 2007, a small number of committed, compassionate volunteers established Pawed Pals Animal Rescue to facilitate adoptions of stray and unwanted cats and dogs in and around Selkirk, St. Andrews and St. Clements (Manitoba, Canada).
We do not have a shelter so we rely on a network of foster homes to provide care for animals until new permanent homes can be found for them. As we grow, so does the need for our services. We are a non profit organization and, as such, we rely on donated funds, supplies and services from generous people and organizations who share in our commitment to care for the cats and dogs in need.
We also work to mobilize communities and residents to provide optimal quality of life and protection for animals. Education is provided whenever we work with the public, whether at an event or in a classroom or through the media.
Volunteers also engage in a variety of fundraising activities and attend events that help to advance the organization’s profile, raise money for food and veterinary care for the animals, and promote adoptions.
- Promote, facilitate and provide rescue, foster and lifetime homes for abandoned, abused and unwanted animals
- Decrease unwanted domestic animal populations by promoting and facilitating spay and neuter activities
- Provide education related to proper animal care and treatment through both public advocacy and one-on-one facilitation and mentoring
- Improve the quality of life for feral domestic animal populations by providing assistance, supplies, advice, referrals, and moral support to members of the larger community who provide care to these populations
- Establish a physical location for a shelter where we can care for more animals and fulfill our goals
- Partner with like-minded community groups and enterprises for the benefit of local animal care and welfare
Our Vision Statement…
- That animals enjoy an optimal quality of life, protection and kindness
Our Mission Statement…
- To promote the understanding of animals and their value with the aim of ensuring proper care and treatment
If you care about animal welfare and if you want to help us make a difference for the animals living in Selkirk, St. Andrews, St. Clements and surrounding areas, please join us! Thank you!