We are in need of a Secretary to manage the business administration of PPAR, manage all internal communication and keep all records for the organization.
This is a 2-year term volunteer position which involves the following responsibilities…
- Attend all executive meetings in addition to board and general meetings.
- Participate in planning the agenda for all executive, board and general meetings; and any special meetings as requested by the board chair / co-chair.
- Prepare and distribute the invitations, agendas and provide adequate notice of those meetings.
- Determine if the required quorum is present in order for decisions to be made at each meeting.
- Track and record all motions, votes and decisions made at all meetings.
- Record attendance and minutes of all executive, board and general meetings; and any special meetings as requested by the board chair / co-chair.
- Document and distribute all meeting minutes on a timely basis.
- Assist with preparation of funding proposals, grant applications, lottery license applications and other regulatory documents as required.
- Compile, maintain and ensure the accuracy and safe keeping of all of the organization’s records – including but not limited to PPAR’s constitution, bylaws, policy statements, meeting minutes, correspondence, grant applications, other legal documents, and current lists of all board members, committee members and general members.
- Collect periodic status reports from the committee chairs; and distribute those reports to the board and other committee chairs as required.
- Conduct correspondence and perform other administrative duties as requested.
- Act as a signing officer of PPAR, with another officer.
The Secretary will be required to maintain a PPAR general membership in good standing and must be at least 18 years of age. Other qualifications include…
- Experience in minute taking, record keeping and general administrative duties for a business or non-profit organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Attention to detail and factual accuracy.
- Ability to summarize information accurately and quickly.
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Possess personal integrity, credibility, and a passion for PPAR’s mission.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested to learn more about this opportunity!